I would have to think that the NCAA really doesn't have any say over when a
kid can start playing collegiate sports, as long as they have completed all
of the necessary work and graduated HS. UF had a 15 year old female golfer a
couple years back, Hannah Yun. She was really good and just turned pro.
Here's a quick link on her: http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=12346

That's the youngest collegiate athlete I can remember, 15 year's old.

Also, there is a kid who would have been a senior this upcoming year who was
a top recruit in basketball who since he couldn't go into the NBA early
anymore (they've instituted an age limit rule), is skipping his senior year
of high school and going to play overseas. His name escapes me right now.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us