Most of the linemen on that 2006 team had experience in a pro set type of
offense, so it was probably more natural to that group than the zone blocking
schemes that were just being introduced - just the opposite of our current
group.

I think the fact that Brantley was so good coming out of high school, and a
Gator legacy to boot, made it near impossible for Meyer not to recruit. I doubt
very much that you'll see Meyer recruit QBs in the future that are pure passers
only. I think all involved are sorry that they haven't been able to have a
functional offense with Johnny at the helm.