From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steve McKibben
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:14 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] I DON'T miss Dan Mullen

Just to follow up on what I posted yesterday (about the questions concerning
whether or not Meyer had the desire/health to address the issues the team is
having this year):

I can't copy and paste the post I read on GC's premium board, since it is
for-pay content, but the guy with a great track record for getting inside
information and for understanding the nuances of the Xs and Os better than
just about any non-coach that I've ever known, posted a doozy last night.

To sum up, Meyer is pissed and "engaged".

Some of the more convenient "excuses" such as injuries and suspension to key
players, are well down the list as far as reasons we are playing so poorly.

Meyer has some coaches on staff that he's not happy with (and sorry -
Addazio isn't one of them, although this guy says it's likely that he won't
be the OC next year - probably OL/Asst. head Coach) and that he feels he was
pressured into hiring too soon.

The packages put in place for Brantley include new blocking schemes that are
confusing the heck out of our OL. That, and poor route running by the WRs
makes JBIV look worse than he is, although he doesn't get off scot-free
either.

Apparently Meyer is seizing control of coaching special teams because he
hates the way they've been performing.

The new DC has taken heat for not getting out of the 4-2 scheme when it was
apparent that MSU wasn't going to pass, and for running what they consider
to be "cute" schemes rather than just matching up as best we can.

It goes on and on, but for me the most encouraging thing I read was that
Meyer does not appear to be willing to "go quietly into that good night",
but sounds like he intends to fight tooth and nail to get his program back
on track.

I certainly hope they can get enough turned around quickly enough to put a
beatdown on those mangy mutts!

Steve

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us