"Sanjay Thakur" <sanjay...@gmail.com> has sent the following message. "shishir
thadani" <shishirthad...@att.net>  has supported him.

1. AS A PART OF "STRATEGY" IN FIGHTING FOR GAY RIGHTS ... THERE IS
SOME SKEPTICISM INVOLVED AND STEPS ARE TAKEN AFTER BUILDING A SORT OF CONSENSUS
OR A MAJORITY OPINION ...

2. ONE CAN'T LOOK AT THE SITUATION IDEALLY ... AND THAT WOULD BE
GETTING ALL THE RELEVANT GAY RIGHTS OVERNIGHT ... WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE, AS IS
EVIDENT IN VIEW OF THE OPPOSITION FROM VARIOUS INFLUENTIAL
QUARTERS AGAINST THE DHC JUDGEMENT.

3. IT'S AN UPHILL BATTLE ALL ARE FIGHTING,  ... AND ONE HAS TO BREAK
THE LARGER MOVEMENT INTO SMALL STEPS ...

I STRONGLY BELIEVE,

" THOUGH WE ARE NOT THERE, WE ARE MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION,
SLOWLY BUT SURELY, WITH THE CURRENT "STRATEGY" IN PLACE"

" WE WILL CERTAINLY BE MUCH "BETTER OFF"  IN  3 TO 5  YEARS TIME IN
TERMS OF OUR RIGHTS. I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION HERE, WE WILL NOT GET ALL WE WANT
IN THE SAID PERIOD ... BUT WE WILL CERTAINLY HAVE MUCH MORE THAN WHAT WE HAVE
NOW"

Reply:

So, we have finally reached the consensus. Waiting till our masters are pleased
to give us what is due to us is the only way (ONE CAN'T LOOK AT THE SITUATION
IDEALLY) and passing and elapsing time (3 TO 5 YEARS) is the only hope for us.
There is no use putting our claim to something we deserve till we see that the
atmosphere is right. The talk of democracy and constitution is too tall and
fundamental rights are farce. DHC gave us only that much which the majority
allowed (GETTING ALL THE RELEVANT GAY RIGHTS OVERNIGHT IS IMPOSSIBLE) and only
when it saw that there was a “SORT OF CONSENSUS OR A MAJORITY OPINION” in
support of its verdict. They learnt nothing from the judiciary of Nepal, a very
small and insignificant country on the world map. The DHC verdict, thus, does
not deserve the praise it is getting. Full stop.

These days they are showing an ad on TV in which they show several people each
uttering a word from the preamble to Indian constitution in sequence. The
attempt is to show how sacred the constitution is and to glorify it.

I feel deep pain and anger when I see that ad. I immediately change the channel
and do not let the ad to continue even for the next fraction of a second.

Indian hypocrisy is perturbing.

Can we do something about it? Can we somehow tell our judiciary that their
performance till now has been dismal unmatched with the stature we have given
to them? How? No newspaper will publish this and we cannot discuss it with the
judiciary. We get a chance to discuss something with the judiciary only when we
file a court case. Can we file a court case highlighting this aspect? Also, can
we sue the judiciary since they told a lie while saying that the petition did
not have a locus standi?

Any lawyers on these forums?

Prashant
Matrimonials for Same-sex Marriages (http://users1.jabry.com/pg211/index.asp)
Matrimonials for Bisexuals (http://users1.jabry.com/pg211/bi/index.asp)

      Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/