From: akshay khanna <xae...@gmail.com>
Subject: g_b on Gandhi, his loving relationship with a german body builder, and
the difficulty of assimilating the (homo)sexual into the image of the mahatma
To: lgbt-in...@yahoogroups.com, gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 29 March, 2011, 6:26 PM

dear all,
below is one of several reviews of Joseph Lelyveld's book, 'Great Soul', on
which a ban is reportedly being planned in Maharashtra.
(http://www.hindustantimes.com/Ban-looms-over-new-Mahatma-book-author-cries-foul/Article1-678973.aspx)
 . as though 'bisexual' were an insult. :) have not had a chance to read the
book itself, but responses to the possibility that the father of the nation
might have had a strong, erotic/sexual attachment to a man are interesting.

xx
akshay

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703529004576160371482469358.html?mod=WSJ_article_related