Exactly what I was saying !  But this state or national censorship  ???  NO
NO NO  !!

Gordon

In a message dated 4/2/2011 4:36:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blutfonta...@yahoo.co.in writes:

Aditya has read the BOOK, most of us have just read the  review. That is a
huge plus in Aditya's favour.

--- On Thu,  31/3/11, Aditya Bondyopadhyay <adit.b...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From:  Aditya Bondyopadhyay <adit.b...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: g_b  on Gandhi, his loving relationship with a german body
builder, and the  difficulty of assimilating the (homo)sexual into the image of
the  mahatma
To: gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 31 March,  2011, 3:39 PM

The point is, I just procured and read the book so that I can  make up
my own mind. And this is what I find: we are all screaming  because
some nitwit reviewer had to sell his/her copy and therefore  came up
with what can safely be termed COMPLETE BULLSHIT. The book  is nothing
that the review claims and there is no indication or  even wording
about Gandhi's sexuality. It is a complete fabrication  of a
sensationalist and partially deranged reviewer.

So this  is what I suggest. Before you get into a frenzy aka shiv sena,
and  start beating up the writer and burning libraries, please read  the
book. And id you still have bile left, reserve the boot for  the
reviewer for spreading canards, and withdraw it from the  writer.

Best,
Aditya

(http://in.mc946.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=blutfonta...@yahoo.co.in) >
(http://in.mc946.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com)

(http://in.mc946.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=lgbt-in...@yahoogroups.com) ,
_gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com_
(http://in.mc946.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com)
>>Date:  Tuesday, 29 March, 2011, 6:26  PM
>>

>>dear  all,
>>below is one of several reviews of Joseph Lelyveld's  book, 'Great Soul',
on

>>which a ban is  reportedly being planned in Maharashtra.
>>(_http://www.hindustantimes.com/Ban-looms-over-new-Mahatma-book-author-cri
es-foul/Article1-6  78973.aspx_
(http://www.hindustantimes.com/Ban-looms-over-new-Mahatma-book-author-cries-foul/Article1-678973.aspx)
 )
>> . as though 'bisexual' were an insult. :)  have not had a chance to read
>> the
>>book itself,  but responses to the possibility that the father of the
nation

>>might have had a strong, erotic/sexual  attachment to a man are
interesting.

>>xx
>>akshay
>>
>>_http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703529004576160371482469358
.html?mod=WSJ_article_related_
(http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703529004576160371482469358.html?mod=WSJ_article_related)

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
ADITYA  BONDYOPADHYAY
Development Sector Consultant

Website: _http://adityabondyopadhyay.webs.com/_
(http://adityabondyopadhyay.webs.com/)
================================
Notice  to all recipients:
Communication not intended for you but reaching  you inadvertently needs to
be treated as confidential and destroyed  or deleted immediately. Use of
such
communication in a manner  prejudicial to the interest of Aditya
Bondyopadhyay and/or his  principals, and/or his clients, and/or his agents
respectively, may  attract legal proceedings which may be of a civil or
criminal  nature.

Aditya Bondyopadhyay and/or his principals, and/or his  clients, and/or his
agents respectively cannot be held liable or  accountable for any and every
communication reaching out through  this email account that is an unaltered
forward of another  communication received by this email account, or a
referred source  available on the internet and accessible to the  public.