Assuming we are talking about cosmetic/esthetic purposes and not about
preoperative preparation: The whole point of going to a barber for scalp
and facial hair styling is because you cannot see these parts, at least
without using a mirror. Second, these are much denser and are aspects of
personal grooming that is part of your dressing (appearance). So, unless
you have extensive, dense pubic hair, your sight is impaired, and/or you
wear your pubic hair in public, I would not see any reason to go to a
barber.

For erotic purposes, I would ask my partner to groom me while we both are
naked.

Kris