On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 12:52 +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On May 17, 2005 12:21 PM, Ralf Corsepius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > For one thing, libgfortran requires c99 support, which is not in
> > > newlib iiuc.
> >
> > More details please.
> >
> > Are you referring to stdint.h/inttypes.h etc.?
> > newlib/RTEMS has them, as well as newlib+cygwin
>
> Some other newlib (and non-newlib) targets don't, see PR14325 and
> PR16135.

Well, extending the approach I chose to implement in newlib/RTEMS to
other target probably isn't too difficult, as well as it probably might
be possible to merge this approach into GCC.

>  There was also some issue with c99 math functions that I
> have not followed closely.  Some fixes for this went in for HP-UX
> and Solaris.  I don't know if newlib always provides all the math
> functions libgfortran asks for.
Neither do I know for sure, but so far, libgfortran's configure script
hasn't reported any problems.

> Note that I did not mean to imply that gfortran should not be
> buildable as a cross, just that I know that there used to be some
> problems with this.
There still are further problems on some targets (PR21203), but c99 and
math functions don't currenlty seem to be a problem with RTEMS/newlib.

Ralf