>> Its a 266Mhz ColdFire v4e machine, about 263 BogoMips, 1/20 the
>> BogoMips of my workstation, and with an NFS rootfs, it gets network
>> bound pretty rapidly and runs even slower compared to a NetBSD machine
>> with a local disk :)
>
>Hmmm, Ghz wise and BogoMips wise, this is about half what I have (a 550
>Mhz G4 PowerBook).
>
>Nevertheless, you don't hear *me* complain ...

No, but I don't have a disk, so everything has to come over the
network.  I also don't have much ram, so if I start running out of RAM,
it slows to a crawl since it can't cache any source.

>I build GCC while at work (i.e., while away from the notebook at home :-)
>
>Try it ... it works,

Huh?  I can cross-compile GCC, its all the packages that require
native configuration/building....

--
Peter Barada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]