On Jun 14, 2005, at 8:13 AM, Robert Dewar wrote:
I think a lot of what happens is that easy bugs do get fixed. The ones
that don't are often complex, or ill-reported, and thus tend to require
a lot of knowledge to work on effectively.

One form of mentoring would be to _not_ have the core folks fixing the easy
bugs.  Throw those to the newbies with some pointers at where to look.
Eventually newbies get more and more experienced, and old-guard folks get more
available time to work on hard issues.

I'm not saying this doesn't happen right now -- I don't know enough to make
that determination :)

-tim