Hello,

On Fri, 12 May 2023, Jakub Jelinek via Gcc wrote:

> On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 11:33:01AM +0200, Martin Jambor wrote:
> > > One fairly big GCC-internal task is to clear up the C test suite so that
> > > it passes with the new compiler defaults.  I already have an offer of
> > > help for that, so I think we can complete this work in a reasonable time
> > > frame.
>
> I'd prefer to keep at least significant portion of those tests as is with
> -fpermissive added (plus of course we need new tests that verify the errors
> are emitted), so that we have some testsuite coverage for those.

Yes, this!  Try to (!) never change committed testcase souces, however
invalid they may be (changing how they are compiled, including by
introducing new dg-directives and using them in comments, is of course
okay).

(And FWIW: I'm fine with Florians proposal.  I personally think the
arguments for upgrading the warnings to errors are _not_ strong enough,
but I don't think so very strongly :) )

Ciao,
Michael.