Matthias Klose wrote:
Mark Mitchell writes:

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

My inclination is to do nothing (other than correct the target
milestones on these bugs in bugzilla) and move on.  The Solaris problem
is bad, and I beat up on Benjamin to get it fixed, but I'm not sure it's
a crisis meriting another release cycle.  The C++ change fixed a
regression relative to 3.4.x, but not 4.0.x.  Andreas' change is only
known to affect m68k.

... but IIRC it cripples GCC for m68k; Debian turned up hundreds of
build failures because of this bug and it set builds back several
weeks.

Was this a regression from 4.0.0 or 4.0.1?

I don't know. We noticed when we did switch the compiler from 3.3 to
4.0.  IMO, we (Debian) can make sure that the patch is applied in the
compiler.

RTEMS will have to use the same patch as will anyone else interested.
So make sure the patch is easily accessible.

In spite of the pain, a dot release is probably the safest thing all
around.

Sorry this happened.  I can sympathize with your pain. :(

  Matthias

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 On-Line Applications Research
   Support Available             (256) 722-9985