> Am 07.03.2024 um 19:09 schrieb René Rebe <r...@exactcode.de>:
>
> Hey there,
>
> I saw the deprecation of ia64*-*-* scrolling by [1].
>
> Which surprised me, as (minor bugs aside) gcc ia64*-*-linux just works for us
> and
> we still actively support it as part of our T2 System Development Environment
> [2].
>
> For ia64 we are currently a team of three and also keep maintaining
> linux-kernel and
> glibc git trees with ia64 restored and hope to bring back ia64 to linux
> upstream the
> coming months as promised. [3]
>
> Despite popular believe ia64 actually just works for all those projects and
> we already
> fixed the few minor bugs we could find or reproduce.
>
> Last week I also already patched and tested enabling LRA for ia64 in gcc [4]
> and could
> -without any regression- compile a full ia64 T2/Linux release ISO that boots
> and runs
> including an X desktop and Gtk applications. That was of course even with the
> latest
> linux kernel and glibc versions with ia64 support restored respectively.
>
> Given there are currently no other volunteers, I therefore with this email
> step up and
> offer to become ia64 maintainer for GCC to keep the code compiling, tested and
> un-deprecated for the next years and releases to come.

You’re welcome - we look forward to LRA enablement with ia64 and for it to get
an
active maintainer.  Note maintainers are appointed by the Steering Committee.

If I read you correctly you’d keep the ia64-Linux port alive but the other
sub-architectures like the hpux port can remain deprecated?

Thanks,
Richard