On 2/3/06, Perry Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Joe Buck wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:56:23PM +0100, andrzej wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am sorry if this is the wrong address for tihis question, but I
> >> couldn't find any other.
> >> In the manual pages I couldn't find the information whether GCC
> >> supports
> >> the ISO C++ standard as described in ISO/IEC 14882.
> >> E. g. does it support export templates?
> >
> > GCC attempts to support the ISO C++ standard; however, one major
> > feature
> > is missing, namely export templates.
> >
> > Otherwise, support is fairly complete, though there are known bugs.
>
> Are these limitations (or bugs) in bugzilla?

The only compilers that support this are the EDG based ones (Comeau,
Borland, ...).

Couldn't find anything on it in bugzilla, and I don't think it's worth
the effort. IIRC, Herb Sutter and another guy spent 6 months to get it
right in the EDG front end (and Herb originally wanted to throw export
for templates out of the standard alltogether).

--
Tarjei