> Couldn't find anything on it in bugzilla, and I don't think it's worth
> the effort. IIRC, Herb Sutter and another guy spent 6 months to get it
> right in the EDG front end (and Herb originally wanted to throw export
> for templates out of the standard alltogether).
>
> --
> Tarjei

The implementation of export was done by Steve Adamczyk, John Spicer, and
Daveed Vandevoorde - also known as Edison Design Group (EDG). Herb Sutter
and Tom Plum wrote a committee paper entitled "Why We Can't Afford Export"
[1]. The paper points out that it took EDG 1.5 years of planning and 3
person years to implement export. EDG estimates elapsed time for other
implementers approximately 2.5 to 3 years, start to finish.

[1] http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1426.pdf

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield