On Apr 10, 2006, at 1:29 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
1. What do we do if people do advertise jobs that are not free software
jobs

Ask them not to, ultimately the same thing we do with spammers.  :-)

or not purely free software jobs?

If on the wiki, edit out all the parts that aren't and tell them to re-read the guidelines.

How pure is pure?

I'd propose not differing from http://www.fsf.org/jobs/ guidelines.html (due to laziness, and because I know that the FSF will be more accepting of them on our list, if we follow those guidelines).

Does "Port GCC to proprietary OS" count as free or not?

Free, this is why gcc entertains accepting patches of gcc for such platforms and why the FSF's job's list advertises such positions.

2. What frequency of posting do we want to allow?

Once, I like wiki.

3. How do we enforce any of these rules?

Shame on those that violate them.

I'm not opposed to opening up our policy, but I rather wonder if we
shouldn't just use the FSF's job board

I don't see the harm in just deferring to them. We could link it from the web/wiki to it, if we wanted, to encourage people to go that direction when they want to advertise.