Mark Mitchell wrote:

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Mark Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-05-22 11:36]:
I'm a bit torn.  On the one hand, it doesn't look like there is any
other reason to do a 4.1.1 RC2.
Did anyone investigate those abi_check failures I (and others) have
seen?  See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2006-05/msg01058.html
Yes, I asked the libstdc++ list, and Paolo C. says that they result from
using a slightly different configuration from the configuration used to
generate the baseline.

By the way, in case of no --enable-clocale= at configure time, a possible explanation is missing de_DE localedata, which leads to an automatic fall back to the generic locale model:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/install.html

Indeed, in those testresults I'm seeing ~300 unsupported tests, consistent with that situation.

Of course, it would be nice if reporters could double check that on those machines gcc4.1.0 behaves the same.

Paolo.