On 05 Dec 2006 07:16:04 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Paul Brook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > This all may just be a shakedown problem with MPFR, and maybe it will
> > stabilize shortly.  But it's disturbing that after one undistributed
> > version became a requirement, we then very shortly stepped up to a new
> > undistributed version.  I think it should be obvious that if we
> > require an external library which is not in the tree, we should not be
> > at the bleeding edge of that library.
>
> I thought we were going from an unreleased version to the subsequent release.

As far as I know both versions are released.  What I said was
"undistributed," by which I mean: the required version of MPFR is not
on my relatively up to date Fedora system.

It also missed the openSUSE 10.2 schedule (which has the old version
with all patches).  So I don't like rejecting the old version at any point.

Richard.