On 4/2/07, Andrew Pinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why emulate Windows compilers on non windows machine?  That is wrong.
GCC for Linux/Darwin/any other OS besides Windows is not a Windows
compiler and should not act like one.  If people want to port their
code, they should write their code to be portable way instead of
depending on Windows or GCC stuff.

I should make a mention this is most likely for the Cell (for both
sides PPC and SPU),  we actually define and document a way to do
aligned on variables (yes using GCC's attribute syntax) but this
documentation is generic to all compiler implementations and they have
to follow it.  I have not seen a documentation from Intel about this
or really any other intrinsics to explain how they are defined.

I wish Intel gets the message here and actually documents the
intrinsics and syntax, etc. for their vector extensions.

-- Pinski