2007/4/16, Dave Korn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 16 April 2007 10:56, J.C. Pizarro wrote:

> The GCC scripts use autotools but the site don't use autotools because
> it says which is inconvenient. What???

  <sigh>  Why don't you ever go and actually *find something out* about what
you're talking about before you spout nonsense all over the list?  This is not
a remedial class for people who can't be bothered to read the docs.

  Yes, gcc uses autoconf.  But the end-users who just want to compile gcc from
a tarball do not have to have autoconf installed, because we supply all the
generated files for them in the tarball.

    cheers,
      DaveK

I follow,

The end-users who just want to compile gcc from a tarball do not
have to have autoconf installed, because we supply all the generated files
for them in the tarball. <- Well,

what is the matter if the generated files aren't updated?
The users will say many times broken situations like bootstrap doesn't
work or else.

J.C. Pizarro