On Tuesday, 31. July 2007, Volker Reichelt wrote:

> Therefore, IMHO the patch is wrong and should be reverted.
> Or am I missing something?

I don't have access to a newer version of the language standard either. I
couldn't find a different case that is comparable to this one either (for
example, we handle the difference between an enumerator list with a
trailing ',' and a initializer list with a trailing ',' - although that is
equally counter-intuitive).

So, assuming that this hasn't changed in a newer standard then I guess you're
right and the check should only be a warning with -pedantic, (and
no -pedantic-errors) given. This is however not implementable currently. As I
don't know why -pedantic-errors is on by default for C++ (but not for C), the
only possibility I see is indeed to revert this patch and add a
comment/testcase.

Greetings,
Dirk