Hi,

> DF is supposed to be out of the game at this point, it has handed over the
> control since global.c:build_insn_chain as far as liveness info is concerned.

Oh I used DF and it worked for me. But I think that is because this is
the first new instruction to be inserted and nothing really must have
changed w.r.t the call_insn for the DF info to be no longer
consistent. However, in the light of the above, I shouldnt be using
DF.

> The REG_DEP_TRUE are somewhat misleading, it's an artifact in the dump.
> What you're seeing are the contents of CALL_INSN_FUNCTION_USAGE, which are
> always correct, so a solution to your problem would be to scan it for uses of
> registers in caller-save.c:insert_one_insn.  Of course this wouldn't plug the
> hole entirely but would very likely be sufficient in practice.
Good idea, I'll try using CALL_INSN_FUNCTION_USAGE.

cheers!
Pranav