On Nov 13, 2007, at 08:17, Michael Matz wrote:
You don't have to preach to the choir, I know why I looked at several
libms in the past :-)

I just say that crlibm is not it.  There are libms which would impose
much less work, are more complete, faster and more proven in the real
world.

Do you know if there is any documentation on the numerical aspects
and development objectives of this libm? I have looked at the
implementation of a few functions (such as double precision exp
and sin/cos) and they seem to be sound using accurate argument
reduction techniques and claim a maximum rounding error of 0.503 ulp,
which would be very good.

However, it is hard to look at specific functions and get a good
sense of the entire library and all precisions. It would be
great to have a library that provides good accuracy across all
functions and precisions, for a large range of architectures.
If the FreeBSD libm can provide that, I'm all for it.

When things get a bit more quiet here at work, I hope to be able
to look more into using this library and do some testing.

  -Geert