Diego Novillo wrote:

No, this argument is fallacious. Plug-ins and poor documentation are not, and should not be related. Poor documentation is an orthogonal problem which ALSO needs to be addressed.

Actually to me if you have plug-ins, good documentation of the plug-in
interface is absolutely essential, so I am a bit cooncerned to hear of
people eager to program plugin facilities, and at the same time hear
that people are reluctant to document.

It's interestinng to note that in the Ada world, there is an ISO
standard for plugins, which is compiler/vendor neutral (at least
in theory, in practice there are some implementation dependencies).
That's the ASIS interface (Ada Semantic Interface Specification).

The existence of a plug-in framework with bad/no documentation does not make working with GCC any easier.

Diego.