Diego Novillo wrote:
> The history is something one finds on the mailing lists.  So, my
> proposal is to add a commit-time check that makes sure that the commit
> message contains a URL to the message describing the change.  IIUC, such
> check shouldn't be hard to implement (Dan?)

I'd much prefer the text from the mail message be repeated in the commit
log.  Removes one step of indirection both when writing and reading the log.

Of course, that way it's not something that can easily be enforced
automatically.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen