From: "Tom Tromey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Kaveh" == Kaveh R Ghazi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Kaveh> A valgrind suppression only silences the error for valgrind. What if Kaveh> someone uses another memory checking tool? Better to fix it for real
Kaveh> IMHO.

Add suppressions for all of them.  Any decent memory checker has to
account for the reality that many programs don't bother freeing memory
before exit.

That a maintenance headache. Why fix problems in multiple places (checking tools) when you can fix it once and for all in a single place? Otherwise some guy using another tool has to scratch his head, spend time and wonder is this a real bug or not? I'd rather not waste time for the next volunteer who uses a different tool.

Or, to put it another way, why add this free and not, say, something
to free all the other memory allocated by gcc which is live at exit?
I think there are a lot of instances of this.
Tom

I would free them all if they are easy to do. I.e. sometimes you don't have a clear handle on the memory at the point you know it's ready to be free'd or you're exitting. However this one is simple.

       --Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi