On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Eric Botcazou wrote:

> > People may also make their own proposals for deprecations, including
> > relating to targets which have had results posted in the past year,
> > and including deprecations of particular subconfigurations (e.g. using
> > a particular target without the GNU assembler, or with a particular
> > debug format).
>
> I propose to deprecate the *-*-solaris2.5 and *-*-solaris2.6 targets, the OS
> were released more than a decade ago.  The minimal supported version would
> then be Solaris 7, the first version that can support DWARF-2 debug info.

For reference, the last test results posted for either of these seem to be
yours last July, so given your deprecation proposal we can take it there
is no evidence of current GCC users for these platforms at present.  If
these targets are removed, I believe we can remove
--enable-threads={posix95,solaris} support along with them.

--
Joseph S. Myers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]