On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:09:00 -0400, "Daniel Jacobowitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:58:40PM +1000, Hasjim Williams wrote:
> > Both FPA and VFP coprocessors implement sqrt opcodes:
>
> So?  Glibc does not rely on that.  I've been building soft-float
> versions of glibc for non-Crunch targets for scarily close to a decade
> now, so this is clearly not the problem :-)  Please say what actual
> error you've encountered.

Of course you can build glibc and have it work correctly, as you are
configuring glibc --without-fp.  Try building glibc --with-fp and seeing
whether it works.

Suffice to say, it will compile, but when you try to run it, and your
program tries to do the libcall to the sqrt function it will segfault,
because there is no libcall sqrt defined.

As far as I can tell, sqrt and div are the only major opcodes that are
needed (for ieee754 glibc --with-fp) that aren't implemented in
MaverickCrunch.