Paul Koning wrote:

I was looking for GCC 3.3.3 just now, and noticed that it doesn't
exist on the generic GNU FTP server or its mirrors
(ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc for example).  3.3.2 and 3.3.4 are there,
as well as lots of other releases, but 3.3.3 is mysteriously missing.

I looked too and was curious about the 'releases' subdirectory. There
was that 'gcc-3.3.3' fully alone...

It does exist on the specific GCC mirrors, fortunately, but this is a
puzzling glitch.

So it was in 'ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/releases' but not where the other
releases were. Maybe someone was too "creative" and created this subdir
for the releases but forgot to move the others there...