Brendon Costa wrote:
Joseph S. Myers wrote:
I think this is a bad idea on grounds of predictability.
I can understand this view and was initially reluctant to suggest the
auto-load feature for this same reason. However i can not see another
solution that can be used instead of this to achieve simple usability
for a small subset of plugin types (described below).

Separately developed plugins have many uses for doing things specific to particular projects
This is the case for the Dehydra, which is specific to the Mozilla
projects. However the plugin i would like to develop it is NOT designed
to be used with a specific project, but to be used while compiling any
project.
Sorry to nitpick, but there is nothing Mozilla-specific in dehydra/treehydra. There are users outside of Mozilla. However, I do think it's awesome to be able to store plugin results in the resulting binary to do LTO-style analyses. How well is that working for you?

Taras