> I suppose you mis-parsed my question: Solaris and IRIX *are* ELF targets
> (just not Linux, so using the system linker, not GNU ld).  If I understand
> you correctly, they might just work (modulo bugs)?

That should work. You still might need to extend the linker  to
support IL in static libraries. We can work with normal .o with the
modified collect2 in the branch, but for archives we need linker
support.

> The only other target of interest to me is Tru64 UNIX, which uses ECOFF,
> not ELF.  I don't know if that format is extensible enough to store the IL,
> but investigating that is low priority for me.

I  would suggest trying to use elf for the IL. For example, while
using plugins gold doesn't care what the *input* file format is.

> Thanks.
>        Rainer

> Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

Cheers,
--
Rafael Avila de Espindola

Google | Gordon House | Barrow Street | Dublin 4 | Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047