On Jan 27, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Diego Novillo wrote:

The LTO branch is starting to get some semblance of stability, though
is by no means in any kind of mergeable state.  I have updated the
wiki page to reflect the current status (Simon, Rafael, Doug, Cary,
please make sure I haven't missed anything substantial):

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/LinkTimeOptimization

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the summary, it's great to see the progress of the project. Do you have any compile time numbers for LTO so far? If you pick a mid-sided program from spec or even a bootstrap, how much slower is LTO than compiling at -O3?

-Chris