Michael Matz wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

  1. What to do in the immediate term with the repo.  I've got no strong
opinions here.
I do understand most of the opinions, but I would rather prefer that we don't revert the trailing whitespace patch. I definitely can live with them, and they probably cleaned up a bit the code.

How, for goodness sake, can pure trailing whitespace changes, which by necessity you can't even _see_ in an editor (except if you activate modes that explicitely show them e.g. in different color) clean up code? Have you looked at the patch or fallout from it? If not, why do you speak in favor of it?

I was speaking in favor of the patch because it apparently make the GCC code
more conformant to GCC coding styles.

Regards.