On 02/01/2010 01:26 AM, Timothy Madden wrote:
> Since such a change must happen in small steps, I would be interested
> to know how 'acceptable' would a limited implementation be at first ?
> Like the command line options I have seen declared 'experimental' in
> the gcc manual before ...

As I see the issue, you should first check over the next months that the
feature is not deprecated by ISO. Then start learning about the
internals of GCC and eventually propose a detailed plan explaining how
you want to attack the problem, because before that it's extremely
unlikely that the C++ front-end maintainers could even consider
reviewing patches from a novice for such an hard to implement feature.

That said, if you *really* plan contributing to GCC, maybe outside
export first (which seems a terribly good idea to me) first and
foremost, read the relevant web page:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

and start immediately the paperwork for the Copyright assignment,
because it takes time.

Paolo.