On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Richard Kenner
<ken...@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> wrote:
>> I see that what I need is an assignment for all future changes. If my
>> employer is not involved with any contributions of mine, the employer
>> disclaimer is not needed, right ?
>
> It's safest to have it.  The best way to prove that your employer is
> not involved with any contributions of yours is with such a disclaimer.

The term "employer" is inappropriate for legal purposes in my case as
I am a self-employed individual or a freelancer.

I do not know the correct wording in English for this but I am legally
licensed as an individual to offer software consulting services and to
develop software.

So the so-called employer is really my client, with whom I have signed
a contract for consulting services.

What legal papers would I need for this ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden