On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:23:35AM +0200, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:

> I am not a native english speaker, but something like the following
> paragraph [to be added after the paragraph: GCC 4.5.0 is now capable
> of "link-time optimization". ... and equally significant reductions in
> code size.]
>
>    GCC 4.5.0 accept plugins (on some host systems, in particular
>    Linux, if configured appropriately). This permits advanced users to
>    customize or extend their GCC compiler with specific code provided
>    in plugins enabling extra features -such as new specific
>    optimization or diagnostic passes, etc.- suitable for their
>    particular needs. Plugins should be GPLv3 compatible.

Basile,
   The annoucement should probably note that targets which lack
objdump currently can't build plugins. I've had about as much
luck getting the patch to fix this...

...reviewed as you are likely to get this feature announced.
>From the responses in the "dragonegg in FSF gcc?" thread, it
is clear that the plugin feature is viewed more as a necessary
evil than a clear win for FSF gcc in some quarters.
                    Jack