On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 07:10:21PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Well your review does pretty much amount to "because darwin lacks
>> objdump like linux, the patch is rejected...".
>
> Please reread.

Paolo,
    You say...

> The patch is not okay, it is if you use "nm -g" on Darwin only.

However in the past when I submitted patches for areas outside
of the darwin specific source files, they were rejected *if* they
made the code too darwin-centric. In this case, I am attempting
to deal with the general case if objdump not being present.
Don't other hosts (AIX?) lack objdump in their default configuration?
I explicitly avoided using darwin-specific tools to implement
the fall-back when objdump is absent so that other hosts lacking
objdump could benefit as well.
          Jack