On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 12:51 -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
> Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
>
> > To my greatest & extremely positive surprise, I got today an answer from
> > the FSF (I really am very happy of such a quick answer)! I hope it OK to
> > cite here part of the reply I've got to my question  [gnu.org #579118]
> > to licens...@fsf.org since Karl Berry replied to me
> >

> >> The FSF has already officially approved and recommended the strategy
> >> mentioned in your message, and throughout the thread: dual-license,
> >> under the GPL and GFDL, material that applies to both code and
> >> manuals,
> >> or is auto-generated from one to the other.
> >>
> >> In your case, you are generating documentation from the code.  So, put
> >> license notice in the original (GPL'd) source files that the
> >> documentation so generated is also available under the FDL.
> >> Automatically insert an FDL license statement in the generated
> files.
> >

> > Regards and thanks to everybody!
>
> Great, it's always good when you hit an established FAQ to which
> the answer is already available

I did wrote on http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2010-05/msg02442.html
about the patch I intend to apply to the MELT branch (changing copyright
notice of gcc/melt/warmelt*.melt files there).

I also emailed k...@gnu.org about that.

If someone objects to this copyright/license notice change patch please
tell me as soon as possible.

Cheers.