> You've already convinced me, but you originally described a problem
> where emacs' paragraph formatting would incorrectly rearrange
> multi-line C++ comments. Out of personal curiosity, does emacs
> actually have a bug in this regard or not?

It happens to work correctly in a well-formed C++ test file.  I've
seen it mess up reformatting in other types of documents.  Heck, I've
seen it take a large fully-formed document and turn it into a single
monolithic paragraph.

> What do you think of a guideline that says "multiple inheritance is
> discouraged in general, but if you think multiple inheritance of
> pure-virtual (interface) classes is better than the alternatives,
> email the list and/or module maintainers for specific guidance"?

I think *every* style guideline should allow for the maintainers to
revisit them on a case-by-case basis.