Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
"Alfred M. Szmidt" <a...@gnu.org> writes:

Please move such unconstructive arguments elsewhere.

Wait.  Steven's comment was on the snarky side, but coming from a
long-time gcc contributor I don't think it was over the line or even
near it.  I think he was expressing a perfectly valid point of view
considering the constraints that the FSF places on gcc developers.  For
certain aspects of gcc, generating documentation from code makes all
kinds of sense.  The fact that the FSF is preventing us from doing that
is a real problem.  It's not a critical problem, but it's one in a line
of real problems.

Especially if he is right about more projects having this problem.

He wrote:

"GCC is not the only project with this problem."

If that is true, and if those projects are also under the umbrella of the FSF, we (those projects together) might take the step to "escalate" this issue to the board of the FSF.

Kind regards,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: t...@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/