Mark Mitchell wrote:

Yes, that is part of his thinking.  And, yes, we can split our manuals
up into GPL and GFDL pieces, and in some cases that will work fine.
But, documentation of constraints (important to users for writing inline
assembly), or documentation of command-line options (important to all
users), or documentation of built-in functions (important to users to
understand the dialect of C we support) are all things that belong in
the manual, not in separate GPL documents.

FSF policy is making it impossible for us to do something useful to
users, that poses no real risk to the FSF's objectives (manuals were
under the GPL for ages without the world ending), and which GCC's
competitors can do.  That's a suboptimal policy.

I don't think it is making this impossible, my advice is simply to
consider this fair use and steam ahead, then worry if someone objects.