On Sep 9, 2010, at 3:11 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:
> Can we (legally) merge Apple's Objective-C / Objective-C++ modifications to
> GCC into FSF GCC trunk ?

My take, you'd have to ask either the FSF lawyers or Apple, I'm neither.  Chris
Lattner could provide an Apple answer, I'd recommend contacting him.

> If we start producing patches to the current FSF GCC trunk that merge these
> modifications, would they be accepted ?

Sure, after Apple or the FSF (or someone else around here) weighs in on the
matter.  I wouldn't expect it to be a problem, as Apple does have an assignment
and Apple does own the work in question and Apple does distribute it to the
general public under a GPL v 2 or later clause.  Once someone else green lights
that, I'd pre-approve the integration of gcc/objc/*.