On 9/14/10 10:58 AM, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
It seems to me a "source to source" compiler should definitely retain
high level constructs like array operators, DO ALL, OpenMP directives, etc
One can use #pragma-s&  builtin-s&  attributes for these. This is why I was
trying to push the idea of plugin hooks for builtins.
In this use case, what is the GCC middle-end *for* if it does not understand data parallel operations? Even GENERIC lacks the notion, right? (We've been working directly from the Fortran parse tree.)

Marcus