On 18/07/11 19:00, Richard Henderson wrote:

"Specifically represent... the carry flag" means using the CCmode
style of condition code handling, right?

Yes.

hummm, we are still using the old mode for condition code handling. From what you're saying we need to use the new CCmode. I was looking at the internal documents and even though it doesn't seem required to have a hard register to keep the condition codes, it is also hard to know how it is actually implemented. Is there any port which doesn't have a hard register representing a condition code, which used CCMode?

--
PMatos