On 19/07/11 16:36, Richard Henderson wrote:
But I am still confused as to how GCC matches them. Is *_flags any
special name GCC loops for (doubtful)?

No, and as you can see from the leading "*" in the name, the
name is not actually visible as a pattern.

Thought so... :)

As an experiment, please read the comment at the start of the
compare-elim.c file.  If you still do not understand how the
patch works, that suggests the documentation needs improvement.

I did try to find the file that implements the pass but unsuccessfully. That's the one.

Great explanation in the comment header. Thank you, everything is clearer now.

Cheers,

--
PMatos