Hello All,

I'm quite tempted to start working on a rewrite of gengtype in C++ (using
C++03 standard).

One of the reasons is that gengtype is really in bad shape, and nobody
understands it well. Another reason is that gengtype needs to be enhanced to
accept at least common C++ containers (like std::vector or std::map, or
probably a GCC specific variant of them whiwh would be notably
gcc_vector<typename ElemType,bool GGCed) and gcc_map<typename
Keytype,typename Elemtype,bool GGCed>)

If I start working on that (very probably inside the MELT branch at first)
do I have a reasonable chance for that to be accepted in some trunk?

(I do strongly believe that a better garbage collector would be useful even
if part of GCC is going C++)

Or is improving gengtype not even worth any effort?

Cheers