Hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, feel free to point me
in the right direction.
I'm looking into the evolution of Linux kernel and this requires me to build
some ancient releases (as old as 2.4.0) from source using GCC. I have gcc
4.4.3-4ubuntu5 installed on my lab machine but it's incompatible with these old
sources, and the "lowest common denominator" would be gcc 2.95.3, so I've been
trying to compile it from source - so far with little success.
It's hard but not impossible - done before by this guy:
http://www.trevorpounds.com/blog/?p=111&cpage=1#comment-102. I followed all of
his suggestions but so far hasn't had much luck - most recent attempt dies with
the following message:
/usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: error in pic/cstrmain.o(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr
table will be created.

The URL above contains a link to my stdout/stderr logs too. Has anyone here
tried compiling such an old version of GCC? Any advice/help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Roman.