On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Caroline Tice <cmt...@google.com> wrote:
> Ok, here are the patches for the Makefile.am and Makefile.in files.  I
> am also having trouble with the following issue:  I need to make sure
> that one of the new libraries is linked in with libstdc++ when
> libstdc++ gets built.  I have not been able to successfully figure out
> where exactly is the command that builds & links libstdc++.so.* (yes
> I've looked at the build; it's being built with libtool somewhere,
> somehow, and no matter where/how I specify the link flag to link in my
> new library, the libtool link command is not picking it up).

Hmmm, your patch is pretty simple.  You say that this is causing your
new libraries to be built both as .a and .so files?  I guess I have no
explanation.  What does the output of make look like when building
libsupc++?

The rule for building libstdc++ itself is in
libstdc++/src/Makefile.am.  Note how it links against
        $(top_builddir)/libsupc++/libsupc++convenience.la .

Ian