I would like to be clear from the start so I won't have any problems; I really want to serve my one trillion users (LOL) of my "third-party, non-GPL" tool the best possible way.

Quoting Richard Kenner <ken...@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>:

Yes, the case is that the two pieces can be independent since they can
be used with third-party programs. The one piece would be GPL-ed tool
flow and the other piece a kind of "specialized" assembler. I recall
that many proprietary assemblers did/do exist, e.g. for x86. I think
we should view the second piece as such, a proprietary assembler.

You missed the part about "(and is used in practice)".  You can't take
something that is not permissible under copyright law and make it
permissible by the sort of thing you are trying to do, especially since
you've disclosed that on a public list such as this!

Please consult an attorney who is expert in this field.