Hi, sorry for the delay of this reply but just returned from paternity leave.

What do you mean by source modes?

> > If not, is there any way to currently
> > (as of HEAD) model this in GCC?
>
> IIUC, this sounds simply like having multiple separate
> condition-code registers, just with a size-dependent CCmodes
> twist; for each type of comparison where there'd be a separate
> CCmode variant, you also need separate CCmodes for each source
> mode M, all separated in cbranchM4 and cstoreM4.

I am not sure CC_MODE can solve the problem but I am not entirely experienced
with using different CC_MODEs, the first thing that comes to mind is, how do
you set the size of a CCmode?
A predicate register in our backend can be set as if it had different sizes.
So, even though the register has 8 bits. It's possible to have just 1 bit set,
2 bit sets, 4 bit sets of 8 bits sets depending if a comparison is of mode BI,
QI, SI or DI.

I might have to use proper registers like SH does (following Oleg suggestion).

Thanks,

Paulo Matos